Imagine a summer full of fresh air, fellowship, and fun! When you join Easton Mountain’s 2017 Summer Residency Work-Study Program, you can experience the magic of Easton Mountain all summer long!
Easton Mountain, a spiritual retreat center for gay, bisexual, and transgender men in the hills of Upstate New York, is seeking individuals who want to live and work in our community for 1 month or more between June and September. The program provides you with opportunities for spiritual development, personal growth, and volunteer service, as well as the experience of living in a unique intentional community.
As a summer resident, we ask for your volunteer service (approximately 30 hours a week) to help us run our retreat programs and maintain our facilities (i.e. kitchen help, housekeeping, general grounds work, etc.). There will also be daily volunteer meetings and plenty of opportunities for relaxation and renewal.
During your stay, we will provide you with free room and board. You can participate in any Easton-sponsored retreat, and attend retreat workshops, community discussions, heart circles, outings, and more. And we will also help you set personal growth goals and provide opportunities to work with a life coach or spiritual director.
The program begins on these dates: June 1, June 22, July 24, August 6.
If Easton Mountain’s mission and values resonate with you, we want you to join us this summer!
APPLICATION DEADLINE MAY 1, 2017
Easton Mountain is also looking for several long-term interns to help with specific organizational needs. Internships last the full summer season (June through August). In addition to having a positive learning experience and practicing your skills, you will be able to enjoy all the amenities that Easton has to offer.
We are seeking interns for the following roles:
- Assist EM Marketing team with marketing strategy development
- Coordinate with EM staff to develop print and online campaigns and materials for EM retreats and events;
- Expand EM’s social media presence (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.);
- Conduct market research on reaching new communities;
- Represent EM at pride festivals and community events.
- Assist EM Development Director with fundraising ideas, events, and campaigns;
- Help identify and reach out to new markets, donor pools, and corporate sponsors
- Maintain donor and fundraising data;
- Conduct prospective donor research
- Assist with researching and applying for grants.
- Assist EM’s master gardener in creating and implementing a plan for the EM flower and vegetable gardens;
- Provide general garden care (bed prep, planting, watering, weeding, pest management);
- Harvest vegetables and edible flowers for the EM kitchen;
- Help manage volunteers in the garden;
- Occasional ground maintenance work.
- Assist EM’s chef and kitchen team to prepare daily meals for our guests and staff;
- Help accommodate dietary needs of guests (we regularly provide vegetarian and meat options);
- Help maintain a clean kitchen and dining area;
- Help manage volunteers in the kitchen;
- Ensure that food is properly stored and labeled.