Imagine the best of a progressive Jewish summer camp...but with the added appeal and comfort of being in gay community. You get to be totally YOU!
We find joy in welcoming everybody. If you’re a trans brother, a Jewish man of color, or even if you’re not Jewish, we invite you to come to Easton to experience a tradition thousands of years old, filled with wisdom, humor, and ritual - a tradition in which everyone can find a place.
Camp Nehirim gives you five days of swimming, hiking, frisbee, campfires, hot tubbing, cookouts, delicious food, inspiring workshops, and a special Jewish ruach (spirit) of community and spirituality. We always assemble a brilliant, fun, charismatic team of teachers and leaders, and this year is no different.
You can spend the time perhaps learning Talmud (Jewish sacred text) in the Lodge, hiking through nature on one of Easton's many trails around the mountain, or relaxing by the pool. Easton Mountain is a clothing optional resort, so that’s another way you can relax - you don’t always have to worry about what to wear!
Every evening you'll gather for a circle of community, delicious food, and creative programming. On Friday night you will welcome Shabbat with traditional prayer and exhilarating music. Shabbat, the Sabbath, was described by Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel as "a palace in time," and at Camp Nehirim, you can luxuriate in the palace (which comes complete with hot tub and sauna), feeling the blessing of shalom, of peace, in ways you can't experience anywhere else.
You'll find that the Camp Nehirim atmosphere is light and warm. We build supportive community with one another, and provide a wide range of indoor and outdoor activities, sacred services, and free time to play in the pool or relax in a hammock. We observe a non-Orthodox Judaism in which the centuries of Jewish learning and practice fit magically into the gay and spiritual environment unique to Easton Mountain.
It's a Jewish retreat, so food is a very important component of our experience. We bake our own challah on Friday afternoon and every menu is designed as an homage to Jewish culinary culture. Oh, yes, and there's a kosher barbecue on Thursday night (well, it's summer camp, for crying out loud). Easton's kitchen is not kosher, but all our meals are kosher by ingredient, with parve, vegan, options at all times.
Have questions? Contact:
About the Facilitators:
more coming soon
Rates and Accommodations
- Newbie Rate - $345 (USD) Includes meals, programming, and best available housing. For first-time visitors to Easton Mountain only.
- Camping – $345.00 (USD) Bring your own tent! Bathrooms facilities in the Lodge, 500 ft away.
- Garden Cabin – $465.00 (USD) Dormitory style with 5 bunk beds that can sleep up to 10 people. Shared toilets. Shower facilities in the Lodge, 500 ft away.
- Quad – $595.00 (USD) Each quad room has two sets of bunk beds. its own bathroom and a shower. You may be sharing with up to 3 other guests.
- Double – $755.00 (USD) Each semi-private room has 2 beds, a bathroom and shower. You may be sharing with 1 other guest.