CAMP NEHIRIM 2018: REVIVE!
For queer Jewish men and their friends.
Join us for some respite from the world. Revive! Recharge!
What is Camp Nehirim? It’s like summer camp, but so much better. Camp Nehirim offers you five days of fun and games, deep conversations, learning, nature, hot tub, music, new friends, yummy food, Jewish ritual, and a real, let-go-of-everything Shabbat.
Who should come? We always assemble a brilliant, fun, charismatic team of teachers, leaders and participants. We look forward to welcoming you just as you are. Some attendees have very little Jewish background and are looking to deepen in that way. Some don’t have extensive queer community and are looking for a place just to be themselves. Some men come for the swimming pool, some for the dating pool. If you’re a trans man, a Jewish man of color, or if you’re not Jewish but feel connected to Judaism in some way, we look forward to welcoming you. If you have a worry about fitting in, contact Irwin or Harvey.
Where is it? Easton Mountain is a retreat center, community and sanctuary in upstate New York, created by gay men as a place of healing, celebration and transformation. There are areas at Easton Mountain that are clothing optional. Some folks find this liberating. Some find it challenging. You are welcome to stay in your comfort zone or to go beyond it. We’ll support you in being as comfortable as you can be, and getting the most out of the retreat that you can.
Jew Stuff: We welcome participants at all levels of Jewish engagement and literacy. We invite you to bring your skills. (If you sing, or chant Torah, this is a fun place to do so. If you bake challah, ditto.) The Jewish ritual we engage in together is progressive, non-Orthodox in nature. For instance, we use musical instruments on Shabbat. All our meals are kosher by ingredient, with pareve, vegan, options at all times. However, Easton Mountain's kitchen is not kosher, and we don’t have the means to offer glatt kosher options.
The atmosphere at Camp Nehirim is light and warm. We build supportive community and provide a wide range of indoor and outdoor activities, sacred services, and free time to play in the pool or relax in a hammock. We celebrate both our Jewish and queer lineages, enjoying the gay spiritual environment that is unique to Easton Mountain.
Have you been before? We look forward to seeing you again.
New to Camp Nehirim? We can’t wait to welcome you.
Have questions? Contact:
About the Facilitators:
SPECIAL DEALS ON CAMP NEHIRIM THROUGH JUNE 1 st , 2018!
1. If you are new to Easton and don’t mind being assigned the best indoor housing we can give you, take advantage of the Newbie rate. It is a discounted rate and we are offering to take off an additional $50 through the end of May! Sale Price: $345 - Includes meals, programming, and best available housing. For first-time visitors to Easton Mountain only.
2. If you have joined us at Easton before, or you want to guarantee a certain housing type, these rates are 10% off through the end of May!
* Commuter: Sale Price - $310.50 - Programming and meals only. Does not include Housing.
* Bring Your Own Tent Camping: Sale Price - $310.50 - Bathroom facilities in the Lodge nearby.
* Camping - Private Tent Provided: Sale Price - $355.50 - Bathroom facilities in the Lodge nearby.
* Garden Cabin: Sale Price - $418.50 - Dormitory with bunk beds that can sleep up to 10. Shared toilets. Shower facilities in the Lodge,
* Quad: Sale Price - $535.50 - 2 sets of bunk beds with bathroom and a shower. You may be sharing with up to 3 other guests.
* Semi Private: Sale Price - $679.50 - 2 beds with bathroom and shower. You may be sharing with 1 other guest.
Sale rates will show up during the registration process. They apply to registrations paid in full and cannot be combined with any other offers
Rates and Accommodations (after June 1)
Newbie Rate - $395 - Includes meals, programming, and best available housing. For first-time visitors to Easton Mountain only.
Commuter: $345 - Does not include Housing. Use this option if you want to attend the programming and meals, but wish to stay off campus.
Camping – Bring Your Own Tent: $345.00 - Bathroom facilities in the Lodge, 500 ft away.
Camping - Private Tent Provided: $395 - We provide a tent and sleeping bag. Bathrooms nearby
Garden Cabin – $465.00 - Dormitory with bunk beds that can sleep up to 10. Shared toilets. Shower facilities in the Lodge, 500 ft away.
Quad – $595.00 - Each quad room as two sets of bunk beds. its own bathroom and a shower. You may be sharing with up to 3 other guests.
Semi-Private – $755.00 - Each semi-private room has 2 beds, a bathroom and shower. You may be sharing with 1 other guest.