"We call this an 'intervention'. A way of pressing a 'reset' button for our lives" Darren Brady Co-Founder.
The Quest Program goes to the heart of the matter by attending to the question: How is our past negatively impacting our present and jeopardizing our future? Over two evenings and two days a journey takes place where painful and impactful events from the past are shared and explored in a safe and nurturing space. Since 2011 experienced coaches and facilitators Ade Adeniji and Darren Brady have refined a groundbreaking process that is enabling hundreds of gay men to engage in a life from an honest and powerful place.
The Program, in groups of up to 20 Gay men, draws upon the latest evidence based practices and includes group discussion, visualisation, journaling, coaching and contributions from practitioners Brene Brown, Alan Downs, Bessel Van De Kolk, Kristen Neff, etc. The workshop is designed to work for Gay and Bisexual men of all backgrounds and experience, from self development first timers to seasoned therapists. Diversity is crucial to the success of the workshop and is reflected in diverse ages, physical abilities and ethnic backgrounds of our 'graduates'
'When we change the way we see things the things we see will change'
EXPLORE THE QUEST ON SOUNDCLOUD
Previous participants of the Quest testify exceptional results including:
- New, nurturing relationships
- Positive career changes or promotion
- Healed family relationships
- Improved mental and physical health
- Replaced destructive behaviours with positive practices
- Increases confidence and productivity
- Intimate and supportive new friendships
Here's what some of them had to say!
- Just wonderful, ecstatic and scary
- The structure is really good as it addresses my emotional needs
- One of the most welcoming atmospheres I’ve ever experienced as a grown up
- The ability to breathe easily and connect with others
- Perhaps the most emotional program I’ve ever experienced in my life and in a good way!
- This has been a very revealing and difficult journey for me - it has made me confront a lot of ‘blocks’ and negative triggers. I wasn't totally aware of and its given me tools to start dealing with them.
- A clear process for change
- I felt I learned a lot about my own remembered pain.
- Positive uplifting grounding. The best 3 days in the last 3 months. This was the best journey of my life as I learnt through my emotions. It has had a huge impact on me. I have never felt lighter.
- Self satisfaction and never felt so seen, heard and met at a place where I can call home. I was lost but have found myself.
Watch some past participants talk about their experiences. The Quest is an exceptional resource, helping gay men explore and better understand the complexities, joys, challenges, frustrations, thinking and emotions involved with being a gay man in today's world. See more at: thequestawaitsyou.com Original Music by: Mika - Any Other World Directed, Edited & Filmed by: Francois Lubbe (littleredshoes.me)
About the Facilitators
Rates and Accommodations
All rates included housing, food and programming unless otherwise noted. Bookings are per person per bed
- Newbie Rate: $395
Includes meals, programming, and best available housing. For first-time visitors to Easton Mountain only.
- Commuter: $195
Does not include Housing. Use this option if you want to attend the programming and have meals, but wish to stay off campus.
- Garden Cabin: $395
Our beautiful Garden Cabin is a dormitory style accommodation with 5 bunk beds that can accommodate up to 10 people. Shared toilets. Showers are located approximately 500 feet away.
- Quad Room: $445
Each quad room has two sets of bunk beds. its own bathroom and a shower. You may be sharing with up to 3 other guests.
- Semi-Private Room: $595
Each semi-private room has two beds. its own bathroom and a shower. You may be sharing with 1 other guest.
- Event starts with dinner on Friday, Oct 20th at 7pm
- Event ends with Closing Circle on Sunday, Oct 22nd around 1:30pm
(You can arrive anytime after Noon on the start day. Rooms will be ready no later than 3pm)